WALT: safely conduct an experiment and explain the process and results using the scientific method.
This week we are going to conduct a science experiment using the scientific method to write up the results. Use the class brainstorm from the jam board if you need extra help.
What are you trying to find out?
|Will it dissolve in water?|
What do you think will happen?
I think that the salt and sugar will dissolve in water. I think that pepper, oil, oats and sprinkles will not dissolve in water.
What will you need to do the experiment?
|You will need:
What steps will you take to do the experiment?
|1. Put six cups onto the table.
2. Label the six cups with pen/pencils, with what you will be adding to each cup.
3. Add a spoon full of each ingredient into your one of your six labelled cups. (Repeat this for all six of the cups).
4. Add half a cup of water into one of your cups. Repeat this for all six of the cups.
5. You then would have to use your spoon to mix the water and other material in the cup.
6. Watch and see your results
|Conclusion What did you find out? Was your prediction correct?|
|Yes my prediction was correct, I thought that the salt and sugar would dissolve in the water. I thought that the oil, oats, pepper and sprinkles would not dissolve in the water. What we found interesting was the sprinkles, the colour of the sprinkles dissolved but the sprinkles themselves did not. The water changed a dark colour with all of the colours merging together and we were left with white sprinkles at the bottom of the cup.|